Bobwhite Quail Drawing

     I recently opened an Etsy store to sell vintage clothing and jewelry. I am excited about it and decided to draw my own Etsy Icon. I am naming my shop Bob White Quail Vintage. I wanted it named after something that I care about and reflected my personality.

   Since childhood, I have been very interested in wild birds and I was a big fan of Bobwhite quail because they were the quail species found in the state of West Virginia. I was concerned about how there was a low number of this quail species. I loved hearing the song that they are named after echoing in the air. I now live in Oklahoma and wanted to represent this new state as well, so I incorporated Indian Blanket flowers which are Oklahoma's state flower. 

  The sketching of the Bobwhite quail and flowers was done by me and then I had my dad paint it with watercolor paint. I am thrilled with the design and plan to keep this as my shop icon for years to come. Not really an being a practiced artist,  drawing takes some effort on my part and I am very proud that it turned out well. I will leave the original drawing below for anyone who would like to use it as a coloring page. The fact that it turned out looking like Regency Era bird art is a wonderful thing.

Learning how to pick out vintage clothing in thrift shops has been a fun adventure. Vintage clothes and jewelry have their own story and also tell a story of how things were in other decades. I am enjoying picking out clothing that I think others will be happy to find. The great part of selling on the internet is that people can find vintage items that fit whatever category they are searching for and be selective about what items they feel fit they personality and wardrobe. My Etsy page is linked below. Please leave any comments you have about this post.

FrillyandFineVintage




Here is the watercolor version.




I submitted the picture to a coloring book page. If you didn't just come from that site the link is below.

https://coloring.rocks/bird-coloring-pages/




No comments:

Post a Comment

Broken Pixel Art