Crochet Big Dipper Wall Hanging with glow in the dark beads

 A little while ago I designed a crocheted navy blue wall hanging that had glow in the dark beads crocheted into it in the shape of the of the Big Dipper also known as Ursa Major. I am finally getting to posting it. The wall hanging was given to a family  friend for her Moon and Stars themed Nursery. 



I do not have a tutorial written up yet, but I figured I would just post it because it doesn't have to be a tutorial to be of interest. I think a good addition to the wall hanging would be ribbon of your choice to use as the hanging cord/rope.  The beads are visible in the dark enough to look like glowing distant stars.


A hint of how this was made was by pushing the bead in the direction on the project that I needed it to go rather than planning the row for the beads to land correctly. This way I could try to plan the bead placement to look more like how the stars in Big Dipper are spaced.


 I used graph paper to plan the bead placement. The amount of beads needed for the project are strung onto the working yarn at the beginning of the project before the crochet stitches have begun. I used single crochet stitches for the rows and used a crab stitch to line the border or outer edges of the project.

If you would like to use this tutorial for a project to teach a class or  to sell a final piece a shout out to my blog would greatly be appreciated. Also, If you would like to use this in Youtube Tutorial Video please just link my blog post to the video.


The pixel art on the graph paper below is the charting for the beads in the wall hanging. I corrected the bead placement for the bead in column 30 to make it appear more like the star placement in the constellation than it did in the worked up wall hanging example in the photo above.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Broken Pixel Art